THE HORN COMPANY LLC
Our Network is intended and available only to users in the United States who are 18 years of age or older.
This Policy applies to personal information we collect:
• On this Network.
• In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and this Network.
• Through mobile and desktop applications you download from this Network which provide dedicated interaction between you and this Network.
This Policy does not apply to any other websites, applications or services maintained or operated by other third parties such as our third party service providers or to third party sites which may be linked to our Network. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of these other websites and services. Please read the privacy policies of the other websites or mobile applications to learn how such third parties collect, use, share, and secure information about you.
Users Under the Age of 18
Our Network is not intended for users under 18 years of age. No one under age 18 may provide any information to or on the Network. We do not knowingly collect personal information from users under 18. If you are under 18, do not use or provide any information on this Network or on or through any of its features, or register on the Network, make any purchases through the Network, use any of the interactive or public comment features of this Network or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a user under 18, we will delete that information and account, as applicable. If you believe we might have any information from or about a user under 18, please send us an email to the address in the “Contact Us” section below.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Network, including information:
• by which you may be personally identified, such as name, e-mail address, any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline, or any other information the Network collects that is defined as personal or personally identifiable information under applicable law (“Personal Information”);
• that is about you but individually does not identify you; and/or
• about your internet connection, including the equipment you use to access our Network and usage details.
We collect this information:
• Directly from you when you provide it to us through your browsing or use of the Network.
• From third parties, for example, other users of this Network who may post information about you, or from publicly available information about you or certain service providers we might use such as an analytics providers (See “Google Analytics” below).
• Automatically as you navigate through the Network. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies.
Information You Provide to Us
Generally, we collect and process only information you voluntarily provide to us other than usage information (like your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address) which is collected automatically as discussed in the section “Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies” below. The information you voluntarily provide and we collect on or through our Network may include but is not limited to the following:
• Your first and last name, email address, password, payment and billing information to become a registered user/subscriber to the Network.
• The profile information you choose to submit when creating a profile which may include your city and zip code should you opt to provide this information. It’s your choice what to include on your profile. Please do not post or add personal information to your profile that you would not want to be available to other users.
• Other personal information at your election when you submit, upload or send to us user-generated content through the Network including information that you post to your account or in groups or on discussion forums of the Network or in email correspondence with us or to other users of our Network (See “User Contributions” below).
• Your email address to be on our email mailing list and receive email information, updates or promotions from us subject to your right to opt-out or unsubscribe (See “Your Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information” below).
• Information when prompted for you to register for an event or participate in a contest, promotion, or survey.
• Information when you request customer support or use a chat function such as to report a problem.
• Details of transactions you carry out through our Network and of the fulfillment of your subscription or other orders. You will be required to provide financial information such as your credit or debit card information before placing an order through our Network.
• Information when you submit or request career / employment information.
• You otherwise submit personal information to us through the Network.
You may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, “posted”) to the Network, which may be transmitted to other users of the Network (collectively, “User Contributions”). The User Contributions you post or share with others may in turn be shared by them with additional other users. Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Although we limit access to certain pages and you may set certain privacy settings for such information by logging into your account profile, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Network with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
Information From Others
Please note that other users of the Network may also post content that includes personal information about you in their User Contributions which would then also be collected by us.
We also may also receive additional personal information about you from third parties, such as public databases and certain of our third party service providers who work on our behalf to provide our Network.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our Network, we and our service providers who work on our behalf to provide and enhance our Network, may use automatic data collection technologies to automatically collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, usage and patterns including:
• Details of your visits to our Network, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Network.
• Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
We also may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking) [such as IP addresses, pages viewed and visited, search engine referrals, and browsing activities which we use for purposes such as to associate different devices you use, deliver relevant Network content to you, and to understand how our Network is performing]. Some internet browsers have incorporated “Do Not Track” features that enable consumers to exercise choice about behavioral tracking. Most of these features, when turned on, send a signal or preference (the “DNT Signal”) to the websites you visit indicating that you do not wish to be tracked. Because there is not yet a common understanding of how to interpret DNT Signals, nor a common definition of “tracking”, we do not currently respond to DNT Signals on the Network.
The information we collect automatically may include personal information, or we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect from User Contributions, public sources and other third parties. It helps us to improve our Network and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
• Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
• Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Network according to your individual interests.
• Speed up your searches.
• Recognize you when you return to our Network.
1. Help the Network function correctly and assist with security and administrative functions.
• Perform analytics.
The technologies we (or our service providers) use for this automatic data collection may include but not be limited to the following:
• Through server log files and your IP Address. In the process of administering the Network, we maintain and track usage through web server logs. These logs provide information such as what type of browsers are accessing the Network, what pages receive high traffic and the times of day our servers experience heavy traffic or high loads. When you access the Network, our server logs automatically record certain activity and information from the device that you are using such as your IP Address. Your IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer by your internet service provider and may be identified and logged automatically in our server logs whenever a user of that device accesses the Network, along with the time of the visit and the pages visited. We use IP addresses to administer the Network, track users’ movements, determine use levels, analyze trends, diagnose server problems and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use. This helps us to improve the content and navigation features of the Network, identify future features or functions to develop for the Network and to provide better service or a better user experience.
• Cookies (or browser cookies). A cookie is a small file placed on the hard drive of your computer. Using cookies allows us to collect information about how many people have visited the Network, the time spent on the Network, what web pages were viewed, other usage or traffic data. We use this information to better serve all of our online visitors and improve the content and design of the Network.
• For more information about cookies, including how to set your internet browser to reject cookies please go to www.allaboutcookies.org, visit www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0042-online-tracking or go to the help menu within the internet browser on your device.
• Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Network may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Network. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies.
◦ Controlling Flash Cookies. Flash technologies may be connected with, or managed by you, through the use of the flash player you are using. If you want to manage or control flash technologies, generally you can manage and control these through the settings of the flash player you are using. Limiting the acceptance of flash cookies may reduce or impede the functionality of some flash applications and parts of the Network.
◦ Controlling Adobe Flash. To learn more about how to manage flash technologies, such as Adobe Flash, you can visit the Adobe Site and follow the directions provided by Adobe with respect to the Adobe Flash settings and make changes as directed therein.
• Web Beacons. Pages of the Network and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit us for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
• Controlling web beacons. In some cases, web beacons can generally be disabled by setting your browser to be in text mode only. There are also browser add-ons and extensions that specifically block web beacons. If you object to web beacons in emails, we recommend that you follow the instructions for disabling cookies above. We will still know how many of our emails are opened and we will automatically receive your IP address or other unique device identifier; but we will not identify you as an individual.
• By using analytics providers. We may use Google Analytics or other equivalent provider to provide third party web analytics services on the Network to collect and store non-individually identifiable information about visitors to the Network and in the future may use others. The information collected by various tracking technologies described above including cookies, tracking pixels/web beacons and flash-cookies may be used by these third party service providers to evaluate your usages of the Network, including the website from which you arrive, analyzing usage trends of the Network, and report on activities and trends. This is generally done in the aggregate to capture usage and volume statistics and through statistical reports. We do not gain access to this data. We are provided with statistical and analytics only.
• Controlling Google Analytics. To prevent Google Analytics from collecting data generated by your use of the Network (including your IP address for analytics), you may install the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
• When you use our Apps. When we offer mobile applications and you download them, we may track and collect your mobile application usage data, such as the date and time your device accesses our servers, what features or functionality of the app you use, the unique identifier for your mobile device, and what information and files have been downloaded/uploaded to the app.
Our Use of Interest-Based Advertising. Please note we currently do not use any third party ad-serving companies to serve and display interest-based advertising on the Network. If we do, we will update this Policy and provide information on who we have engaged and how to opt out.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
• To present our Network and its contents to you.
• To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
• To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
• To provide you with notices about your account and subscription, including expiration and renewal notices.
• To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
• To notify you about changes to our Network or any products or services we offer or provide through it.
• To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Network.
• In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
2. To customize the content you see and help us better understand your interests and needs, and improve the Network.
• Synthesize and derive insights from your use of the Network.
• Protect the Network and our users through audits, fraud monitoring, prevention.
• Share the Information as described below.
For any other purpose with your consent, or if lawful, without your consent.
We may also use your information to contact you about our own goods and services that may be of interest to you. You can opt out or unsubscribe to any of our email marketing or promotions as set forth in the section “Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information” below.
Disclosure of Your Information
We will not sell or rent your personal information to unaffiliated third parties for their own marketing purposes.
We may disclose aggregate/de-identified Information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
We may disclose or share personal information that we collect or you provide as described in this Policy:
• To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
• To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business such as a payment processing service to receive and process your credit card transactions for us.
• To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of the Company’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information or other information held by the Company about its Network users is among the assets transferred.
• To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it. For example, if you give us an email address to use in connection with a particular communication feature of our Network, we will transmit the contents of that email and your email address to the recipients.
• To other users on the Network to facilitate user interaction within the Network or your or their request for our services. Please remember that any content you upload to your user profile, along with any personal information or content that you voluntarily disclose online in a manner other users can view (on discussion boards, in messages and chat areas, etc.) becomes publicly available, and can be collected and used by others. Your user name may also be displayed to other users if and when you send messages or comments or upload images or videos through the Network and other users can contact you through messages and comments.
• For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
• With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
• To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
• To enforce or apply our Terms of Service located at https://thehorn.net/tos/ and other agreements, including for billing and collection purposes.
• If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of the Company, our customers, or others, including, but not limited to, exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
• You May Opt-out of Our E-mails. If you do not wish to have your email address or contact information used by us for promotional purposes, you can opt-out at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of our email communication. You can also opt-out by sending us an email via the contact form in the “Support” section with your opt-out request. It may take up to 30 days to process your e-mail related requests. Please note that after you opt-out of receiving marketing communications from us, we may still contact you for transactional or informational purposes. These include, for example, customer service issues or questions regarding our Network.
• Controlling and Opt-out of Interest-Based Ads. We ourselves do not share your information with unaffiliated third parties for their promotional purposes or use any third party companies to serve and display interest-based advertising to you. To the extent that any of our third party service providers may provide you with interest based ads through their automated tracking technologies, you generally can choose not to receive these by adjusting your advertising preferences to opt-out of these interest-based ads.
Additionally, some of these third parties may participate in the Digital Advertising Alliance (“DAA”) Self-Regulatory Program for Online Behavioral Advertising. This program offers a centralized location where users can make choices about the use of their information for online behavioral advertising. To learn more about the DAA and your opt-out options for their members, please visit the opt-out page on the DAA’s website at aboutads.info/choices. In addition, some of these third parties may be members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”). To learn more about the NAI and your opt-out options for their members, please visit the opt-out page on the NAI’s website at http://networkadvertising.org/choices/. You should also have the ability to visit an opt-out page directly from any of the interest-based ads displayed in your browser.
Please note that if you opt-out using any of these methods, the opt-out will only apply to the specific browser or device from which you opt-out and you may have to opt-out for each of your devices. Further, opting-out only means that the selected members should no longer deliver certain interest-based ads to you, but does not mean you will no longer receive any targeted content and/or ads (e.g., from other ad networks). We are not responsible for effectiveness of, or compliance with, any third-parties’ opt-out options or programs or the accuracy of their statements regarding their programs.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You can review and change your personal information by logging into the Network and visiting your account profile page. However, we cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your user account; and, with the exception of your name, you can delete any information, content, or uploads you posted on the Network at any time. Please note that we may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
If you delete your User Contributions from the Network, copies of your User Contributions may remain viewable in cached and archived pages, or might have been copied or stored by other Network users.
Proper access and use of information provided on the Network, including User Contributions, is governed by our Terms of Service at https://thehorn.net/tos/.
Your California Privacy Rights
We currently do not use or share your personal information with third party advertisers or third parties for their own direct marketing purposes. However, should we change our practice, we will update this Policy and under California Civil Code Section §1798.83 permits users of our Network that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to address in the “Contact Us” section below.
Our Network is not intended for users under the age of 18. However, any California resident under the age of eighteen (18) who is a registered user of our Network and posted content or information on the Network, can request that such information be removed from the Network by sending us an email via the contact form in the “Support” section. Requests must state that the user personally posted such content or information and detail where the content or information is posted. Note that fulfillment of the request may not ensure complete or comprehensive removal (e.g., if the content or information has been reposted by another user). We will use reasonable good faith efforts to remove the post from view.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls and any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Network, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. We also urge you to be careful about giving out information in member areas of the Network like message boards. The information you share in these areas may be viewed by other users of the Network.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Network. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Network.
It is our policy to post any changes we make to our Policy on this page. If we make material changes to how we treat our users’ personal information, we will provide notice through the Network such as through a notice on the Network home page, on the Network internal blog or by other means. The date the Policy was last revised is identified at the bottom of the page. You are responsible for ensuring we have an up-to-date active and deliverable email address for you in the event we choose to notify you by email, and for periodically visiting our Network and this Policy to check for any changes.
To ask questions or comment about this Policy and our privacy practices, please contact us at:
The Horn Company LLC
Minneapolis MN USA
Effective Date: December 1, 2020 (second version)